Below are important announcement made by different States related to their GST department having wide impact:-
- Maharashtra – Maharashtra had issued Trade Circular No. 01T of 2021 on January 12, 2021 regarding withdrawal of Trade Circular 39T of 2019 dated 05th July 2019. It is clarified that circulars issued by CBIC till 12 January, 2021 are deemed to have been adopted for the implementation of MGST Act, 2017 unless MGSTD has issued a separate circular on the same subject. After that, whenever CBIC issues any circular, MGSTD, on its examination, would issue a separate circular regarding its applicability for the implementation of the MGST Act..
- Karnataka – Government of Karnataka (Department of commercial taxes) has issued GST Audit manual on January 01, 2021 .
- Kerala – Budget speech 2021-22 by the government of Kerala on the date of January 15, 2021 have following important announcement :-
- Mobile Apps:- To verify the authenticity of G.S.T. Registrations and to collect data regarding tax payers who have not taken registrations, the officers are now equipped with Mobile Apps.
- Action against Fake Invoice:- Rules have been amended to mandate that the tax payers having annual turnover above 6 Crore to pay one percent of tax in Cash.
- Informer Scheme:- A scheme was implemented for incentivizing the informants who furnish information on tax evasion.
- Kerala Flood Cess:- The period of Kerala Flood Cess levied at 1% on GST implemented in the backdrop of the 2018 floods will be over by July 2021. This cess will not be levied further.
- Haryana- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, launched a prototype of’ GST-PV’ app for Excise and Taxation Department. Through this App, all the Tax Inspectors of the Excise and Taxation Department will conduct physical verification of the premises of taxpayers with their smartphones. Tax inspectors will be able to view registration particulars of any firm and contact the authorized representatives through the mobile App. Tax inspectors will use their mobile camera to capture both photographs of the premises and relevant documentary evidence
SRS Views:- The biggest fear of GST was what will happen when State GST start launching their own set of clarification or order which will supersede clarification or order of Central Govt are coming true. There seems many more in the pipeline. Be ready , updated to face any such situation.
To know more details, please mail to us.